Phil West from our Bookshop Team, (as promised), has created a brilliant literary quiz so here goes…
Phil’s Fun Quiz to test your literary general knowledge!
- Which author is best known for his bestselling series of epic fantasy novels, A Song of Ice and Fire?
- Holden Caulfield, an icon for teenage angst and rebellion, is a fictonal character in which American literary classic?
- Which author, who passed away in 2016, was portrayed by Catherine Keener in the 2005 film Capote and by Sandra Bullock in the 2006 film Infamous?
- Novelist Gustave Flaubert was considered the leading exponent of literary realism in France, what is his best known novel?
- Colombian Nobel Prize winning author Gabriel Marquez is best known for how many years of solitude?
- Who collaborated with his daughter Lucy, in 2007, to write the children’s book George’s Secret Key to the Universe?
- Which author’s breakthrough book was decribed by Salman Rushdie as a ‘book so bad it makes bad books look good’?
- Who declined the 1964 Nobel Prize in Literature because he had consistently declined all official honours?
- Which author’s books include Coming Up for Air, and Homage to Catalonia?
- Whose book The Minpins was published in 1991, a few months after the author’s death in 1990?
- Which Italian novel for children has been adapted in over 240 languages?
- Which famous novelist was Governor General of Canada?
- Peter Mark Roget, a nineteenth century British physician, is best known for what type of book?
- Whose fourth novel featuring Robert Langdon, is a mystery thriller called Inferno?
- Who wrote the 2012 Booker Prize winning book Bring Up the Bodies?
For those of you who would like the answers now, well I am going to make you wait until the morning but I promise to post them then!
If anyone who is out walking daily, and would like to make up a Ringwood street name quiz or guess the name of a building quiz , I will happily share it with you all!
Stay safe & well,
Claire, Anne & Sam